Introducing Nextware’s Cumulus Metadata History
Currently, Canto Cumulus doesn’t provide the option to see exactly who has changed metadata and when. It’s also not possible to see the previous value(s). That means that valuable metadata could get overwritten by other editors without any way of reverting it … other than going to a backup copy of the catalog, which means downtime and the loss of all records created since the last backup.
The Nextware “Cumulus Metadata History” add-on is an extension for Cumulus that allows metadata editors to keep track of pre-defined metadata changes in their catalog. It will display the date/time of the modification, the modifying user, the field that was modified as well as the old and new field value(s).
Below is how this looks like in the info view of a record:
Of course, this information can also be displayed in Web Client and Portals. The following field types are supported:
- Date Fields
- Date Only Fields
- Time Only Fields
- Text Fields (String)
- Label Fields (shows the ID of the label only)
- Rating Fields (shows the number of stars only)
- String List Fields (single select)
- Boolean Fields (checkbox)
- Double Fields, Long Fields, Number Fields
- User ID Fields
You can also specifically define which fields should be monitored for changes:
- US$ 3,000.00 base price (For Canto Cumulus Enterprise / North America)
- 3 hours of initial installation, configuration & training @ $200/hour
- Total: US$ 3,600.00
Available for Cumulus 9.2.x and 10.x. Special pricing available for Workgroup customers and Europe. Please inquire via our contact form.
- Ad-Hoc Maintenance
- Incident Technical Support, Training or Upgrades (to adapt integration to newer versions of Cumulus)
- Cost: $200/hour
- Maintenance Agreement
- 1 year of Technical Support and Free Upgrades, Cost: 36% of Base Price/year = $US 1,296.00
- This includes:
- Incident Technical Support
- Free Access to the latest version of the Nextware Cumulus Metadata History add-on (to match the add-on to your latest and current version of Cumulus)
- Not included:
- Extra Training
- Professional Services related to upgrades or configurations beyond the initial setup & configuration
We will add questions and answers as we receive them.